Our old stone tower was begun in 1252, during a time of wars and unrest throughout the region. This arched doorway has been protecting the entry to the tower for nearly 800 years!
Stone window seats can be found in all of the three bedrooms.
The tower is just over an hour from the Rome temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, one of our favorite destinations.
Looking up at the top floor of the tower, where geraniums in window boxes add a touch of color to the old stones.
The interior wooden stairs have been replaced in recent years, making the climb to the top a bit easier for our guests.